Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hope something clever came to you a few moments ago. You wont be getting it in here.

I know for my first one I should put something very memorable and that will draw people to want to follow and come back for more. Oh well. This is just to see if I like it and if I myself can keep up with this.

I have been told, and also have experienced it myself, that I say things that right after the words exit my mouth, I leave myself and those who have heard me, some what confused. And while it baffles some people, (mostly Lindsay) usually the person I am conversing with and myself end up laughing at my linguistic inadequacies. I know just enough to make the thesaurus on my computer ask if I am smoking something when ever I am trying to use the "big" words public and private school (and 7 years of college) tried to teach me.

I will give an example of my thought-to-word vomit. Lindsay and I were discussing things that bothered us when we were children. I said, "I hate how the word colonel when referring to military was spelled c-o-l-o-n-e-l. And when it was referring to popcorn, it was like k-e-r-n-e-a-l." FAIL!! It only took .5 seconds for me too see Lindsay's face to realize what I had just said. The bad part is, it happened so fast that I could not stop it. But also the realization was just as quick.

This is my life. The brain of a semi-intelligent person stuck inside the head of a man whose lips only close to rub the chapstick in a little better. I know I will have more of these incidents to say and if any of my friends become followers, they will have lots to tell as well.

I will update as future "Wait? What?!" comments leap from in between my teeth. Which means I will be probably posting again later tonight.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, you spelled kernel "c-u-r-n-e-a-l". Secondly, later that day you pronounced Quebec "cue-beck". You were really on a roll. Hahaha. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,
    Great to see you on blogger. I look forward to reading your next entry. Hopefully you will learn to update more frequently than I have been able to do! This post brings back fond memories of "It sounded better in my head"

    ReplyDelete